Telegram has released a massive new update for iOS and Android that brings with it dozens of new features and changes.
One of the major new additions is the Theme Editor 2.0. Telegram already has robust theme support, with ability to change color schemes and backgrounds. With Theme Editor 2.0, you can now choose a precise custom color from a color picker tool. You can pick custom colors for the entire app, background and messages view. Once you are done making your theme, you can also share it with other Telegram users.
The new version also adds more patterns for the background, and you can also apply color themes to those. Also, if you don’t want to do any manual customization, there are more preset themes that have been added.
Another major new feature is Send When Online. With this, you can schedule a message and the person will only receive it when they come online.
There’s a whole bunch of other new features, so I’m just going to post them as a bullet list.
- Improved venue sharing makes it easy to share a location on map by just tapping it.
- You can now view search results as a list instead of scrolling through the chat to go through all of them.
- There is podcast and audiobooks support. Audio files over 20 minutes are automatically treated as podcasts and the app will remember your position in the file and also offer a 2x mode to play faster. iOS version also offers high precision scrubbing.
- (Android) Night mode can be switched quickly through a button on the menu screen.
- (Android) Maps automatically turn dark when in night mode.
- (Android) New animations.
- (Android) You can select and copy just a part of someone’s message instead of all of it (already there on iOS).
- (Android) Tap multiple people to share simultaneously when sharing from other apps
- (Android) Can mark all archived chats as read instantly
- (Android) Redesigned video resolution selection and contact sending screen.
- (iOS) Adjust size of all text within the app.
- (iOS) Choose the browser external links open in.
- (iOS) Ability to select what options show up in the share sheet when sharing from other apps to Telegram
- (iOS) Press and hold on icon to quickly switch accounts
- (iOS)View used storage, available space and quickly clear app cache
For a more detailed understanding of all the new features with video demonstrations, head over to the source link below. The update is now available on both iOS and Android. The Windows and Mac apps have also been updated with some new features.